With the ever increasing difficulty to mine Bitcoins it gets harder and harder to actually make a profit as a Bitcoin miner. However not too long ago the most powerful and efficient miner to date was introduced – The Antminer s9.
The Antminer s9 seems to be to only Bitcoin miner still able to generate a real positive ROI in today’s environment. Many reviews praise the product while others have their doubts. So I decided to sum up all of the pros and cons into one simple review.
4 things you need to know before buying an Antminer s9
1. The Antminer s9 is currently the most powerful miner available on the market The Antminer s9 has a hash rate of 14 TH/s, which means that it can generate around 0.5 Bitcoins every month. This is of course only revenue and not taking into account the electricity, mining pool fees, or hardware expenses.
2. The Antminer s9 is the most expensive miner on the market The price of the Antminer s9 varies a lot. On Amazon and Ebay you can find it for as much as $2700, or you can get it for as little as $1,000 on ShoppingWithCryptocurrency.com. The S9 is currently the most expensive miner on the market today because its superior mining abilities.
3. You need an additional PSU to run the Antminer s9 The Antminer s9 can’t just be plugged into the wall, it needs a PSU (power supply unit). So whenever you purchase an Antminer keep in mind that you will need to spend and additional $150 on a PSU, unless you get a package deal like on Shopping With Cryptocurrency.
Here’s how to set the miner up with the power supply (notice how loud the miner gets once you operate it):
4. You get a 90 day warranty on your miner Shopping With Cryptocurrency, however that warranty comes with limitations. For example, the warranty won’t be valid if you overclock the miner (running it at a higher speed than it was designed to run). Also, if you use an inappropriate power supply or generate environmental damage to your miner you won’t be eligible for a warranty (e.g. lightning strike, corrosion due to wet environment). Some eBay sellers will also supply you with a warranty so make sure to read the details on each listing careful.
Bottom line – is the Antminer s9 worth it? If you’re interested in getting into Bitcoin mining then the Antminer s9 is probably the only logical solution. However the answer to the question “is the Antminer s9 worth it?” is totally personal.
It depends on your profit after calculating all the factors such as:
- How much money you have available to spend on Bitcoin mining
- Where you live (i.e. electricity costs, cooling costs)
- How much do you believe Bitcoin’s value will rise in the future